11 December, 2010

Funny Day

My dad's dad's younger brother had come to stay with us for about two weeks. Let me tell you that he is the funniest man I've ever encountered in my life. He's one of those cute, round belly types, with a round-shaped head and the ability to walk very slowly. 
Let me recall one incident which still comes to me today...
On a Sunday, I and my dad's uncle(I want him to be anonymous, so for the time being, we'll call him Chubby), Chubby, wanted my help in putting the clothes in the washing machine. I said alright and went to the bathroom to get the filthy clothes. Chubby was standing near the washing machine when I came back.
'Did you bring all the clothes?' Chubby asked me.
'Yes.' I replied.
'Okay then. Where's the washing powder?' Chubby asked yet another question.
I pointed at something that "looked" like detergent powder. I took it and without even giving it a glimpse, I gave it to Chubby. After a moment's pause, there was a sudden outburst from Chubby.
'This is bleaching powder, not detergent powder. Wonder what would have happened if i had put that in the washing machine. We would be scratching all over for a few days.' 
A moment's silence prevailed again. Then, laughter...from the both of us....simultaneously..!! It was hysterical!! After five minutes of continuous laughter, I ran back to the loo and this time, took washing powder instead of bleaching powder. 
That was an unforgettable moment in its own sweet way...

Even to this day, I remember it like it was yesterday...and I think Chubby also remembers it every day he thinks of me...!!



4 comments:

  1. This is so funny n silly...Did u actually put bleaching powder?? I hope not...

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea..yea..was i sleeping at that time?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehehhe
    so funny ...............
    keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank u....!! keep up the good commenting...!! :D

    ReplyDelete