16 December, 2010


 The Box


I grew up with a box
It consisted of failures, successes,
Criticism and indications
I ignored it and moved on

I became a teenager, with the box beside me
I couldn’t care less of it
I threw it about recklessly
And burned it in cruel fire

I became a citizen of the nation
The box was still there
I didn’t know it yet
But it was the world’s best creation

I died of heart disease
The box died with me
I went to heaven
And the box went to hell

I was flying to serenity
The box falling downward
I looked down at it once more
And only ashes were left

A tear came from my eyes
It went down and down
It fell on the ashes
The box was alive again

That night I dreamt
Of my wonderful little box
It waved at me and said
‘We’re always treated like spit’

I felt my cheeks burn up
I got up suddenly, feeling guilty
I ran over to my window
Only to find my box no more

I flew down to hell as fast as I could
I asked the cruel fire where my box was
He laughed at me evilly
And pointed at a secluded nook

I raced over to it
Sobbing and crying on my way
The cruel fire said it can be saved with ‘The Imperial Kiss’
I kissed it and it transformed into a cute tiny box

I didn’t know it then
But I was the ‘Empress of Heaven’
At sixty, I opened the box
And took out my favoured fountain pen

I took a piece of parchment
I started writing a letter
‘Dear box, please forgive me.
I was mistaken in my judgment.’

Tears came tumbling down my eyes
I looked over at my box
And realized for the first time
That it was a caring, supporting shadow

No comments:

Post a Comment