13 June, 2011


The Lass by the Creek

I stood there, my eyes closed
My thoughts all jumbled 
I glimpsed the evening firmament
‘Beautiful!’ I mumbled.
My kilt was dancing gracefully
As the light winds passed
My tresses were shining vibrantly
At the rivulet I glanced.
There was a trivial tension
Within my motionless body
I turned back, looked about
And was faced by nothing and nobody.
I walked to the black boulders
And mounted the most dicey one
My shoe got stuck in between
My orifice gave away a grunt.
I felt on top of the world
As I stood on the greasy surface
I saw the staring face of the girl
As I bent over the water façade.
Putting my feet in the sparkling torrent
I felt a chill and a shiver
I kicked the water with strong zest
The water progressing as it glimmered.
Now I retrace my footsteps
To the petite hut I came from
But the memorable sundown I just spent

Would be remembered daily, without glum.

2 comments:

  1. i wonder if all this stuff is ur genuine creation..if so i'm sure u are gonna be a beautiful & intricate poet..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much...yes, it is genuine...but it took a lot of time to write... :)

    ReplyDelete