28 February, 2012


A Typical Day during Exams

Appa woke me up at seven thirty in the morning. I was so frustrated. It was a holiday and though I had my Social Science exam the next day, don’t you think seven thirty is a bit too early?
I got up reluctantly and brushed my teeth. After splashing water on my face, I felt very fresh. I went to the hall and read the daily supplement of ‘The Indian Express’. There was no juicy Bollywood or Hollywood gossip. Ah, what the heck? It’s not as if my life revolves around that.
I drank my milk, followed by a routine of going to the bathroom. I came out twenty minutes later and had my breakfast, which was Dosa. Afterward, not knowing what else to do, I went to my room, closed the door and tried to finish ‘Forest Society and Colonialism’, a chapter in History. It was BORING! But I finished it within an hour. I then took a break of half an hour, after which I started on ‘Food Security in India’, a chapter from Economics. After an hour, I was thorough in the current status of the Public Distribution System in India, Food Corporation of India, non-co-operative societies, ration shops, buffer stock, the Bengal famine and of course, the three dimensions of food security-availability, accessibility and affordability.
I took another break. Once the time period for my break, which I decided, was over, I again shut myself inside my room and studied the last chapter in Economics, ‘Poverty as a Challenge’. That took another one hour. I finished it at around eleven thirty in the morning. I had the rest of the day to study Geography. So, I took an elongated break till two thirty, during which I finished reading my book ‘Evil under the Sun’ by Agatha Christie.
I finished the chapter ‘Climate; in one hour and twenty five minutes. I knew that the remaining chapters only need two hours, tops. So, when Amma wanted to go to the Rajasthani exhibition in Sri Mulum Club, I and Appa accompanied her. Now, I don’t regret it because, I got a new pair of Rajasthan sandals. Whoopty-tah!
We got home at around seven thirty and I finished ‘Natural Vegetation and Wildlife’ and ‘Population’ at nine in the night. I watched television till ten.
Feeling confident for the next day’s exam, I went to sleep delightedly.

3 comments: