30 December, 2012


Getting Inspired!
I have no idea of what to write. Here I am, in my room, searching the depths of my brain to get something to write about. It is not as if there is nothing to write about; there is but I just can’t get the inspiration to write. I must sound crazy to you people, reading this.  I know there are many things to write about, like trees, castles, books, places, family drama or even mosquitoes, as we saw in ‘Eacha’. But call it my ego or my attitude towards these things; I just can’t seem to actually think about something as a two-page story.
I sometimes think about Julie Powell in ‘Julie & Julia’; her difficulty in getting recognized with her blog, praying for comments, but still always having something to write about. Granted that she did have a constant inspiration-Julia Child-and that she was solely writing it to get away from work. But I just can’t figure out how she got the motivation to write each day a year. Whenever I see that movie, I always feel that I should write something and keep the blog updated.
As such, my blog does not have a specific theme. I post stories that I write. I know that blogs are mainly theme-based, but why can’t there be a theme about me? I look at all the other blogs, having many comments, and I always think ‘Now, why am I not that famous?’
I do post the link of my blog in facebook, but people these days are just not that interested in going through blogs and reading the posts.  This is what upsets me. They would rather look at all the weird photos, different pages and the profiles of their friends’ friends rather than go through something that took hours to write and create.
My friends are apt examples of this. I am not blaming them, but I get chat messages, asking me to like their profile picture or cover photo. They would rather get a 100 likes for their pictures than read something interesting and fun. This is all just a way of making them more and more popular in school, and facebook helps them in doing so.
Now, I started writing this thing in an attempt to get enthused, but I ended up writing a one-page discussion on blog-updating and facebook-ing. What a way to pass time! 

2 comments:

  1. You know what? I find the same problem ..... No one, these days, have the time and interest to go through blogs and read posts thus causing us to lose our enthusiasm to write more ..... really very sad

    ReplyDelete