13 December, 2015

WHAT DO YOU DO AFTER FINISHING A BOOK?

So this is the dilemma I’m faced with right now. I just read one of the most interesting books, The Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella, and it is absolutely a wonderful book. It’s funny, cute, romantic, serious and a page-turner. I finished within a couple of days from borrowing it from the library and now I’m thinking, ‘What do I do with my life?’, because that’s what all avid readers like me feel after reading a book. We just get so immersed in the story that we can’t think of anything else until we read the book completely. A good book is like a very addictive drug. Once you’re hooked, there’s no turning back.
I recall those times when I was young and I was reading the Harry Potter books. At that time, I was very scared I wouldn’t be able to finish reading them in the allotted time, so I borrowed one at a time. And after every book, I would rush to the library to get the next one. By the time I got to the last book, I was praying J K Rowling would write another one. But she didn’t. And I had to move on. Wow I’m making this sound like a relationship!

But honestly, a world without books is something I cannot imagine. So what DO you do after finishing a book? Get another one and start reading!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment