09 July, 2011

The Burning Candle

As I was dancing in the air
I saw Timothy sit beside me
I did little flips and flops with flair
But his face showed no glee.
As the floor beneath me began to melt
I was getting desperate for attention
But when I saw Tim’s face, how he felt
I forgot about my slow bereavement.
As I felt a chilly wind behind me
I started to get nervous
I wanted Tim to notice me
But he was in his world of grievance.
As I stood there motionless
I saw Tim looking even sadder
I tried to do new fire tricks
But he wasn’t getting any gladder.
I heaved a sigh, coming out as smoke
Tim’s eyes filled with tears
I felt sorry for the poor bloke
I couldn’t do anything but bear.
As I gave up on helping him
I heard a car pull up outside
Tim ran to see who it was
He came in with his dad beside him.
I didn’t know the exact story behind his sadness
But I was very happy for him
Seeing him with his cheery dad
It showered me with plenty of bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment