17 February, 2012


The Beauty of Life

The inglenook was crackling
With bright embers falling out
I sat on the chair, thinking
About the days when I was a girl scout

I used to sell blueberry cookies
To the mothers who had noisy kids
And even though I was a rookie
They still made giant bids

I stood up for a moment or two
And admired my Monet
I gazed at the artsy yellow evening hew
And then I thought of my painting days

I remember painting on my wall
Random things like bells and balloons
My parents used to be appalled
And thought that I was a loon

I grinned to myself at this thought
And again my mind raced
To the times when my tiny tots
Had grown up to my waist

That was a moment I cherished
For days, months and years
Because after that, they’ve flourished
Into beautiful, handsome dears

For helping me through this journey
I thank my golden fireflies
‘Cause even though it was rather bumpy
Now, I understand the beauty of life

No comments:

Post a Comment